Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Three days left

I leave Friday morning. In the meantime I am packing up my life, divesting myself of most belongings to reduce the number of things I put into storage. My grandmother's hope chest, artwork collected over the years and childhood photo albums will be kept but my bed, sofa, television, and almost everything else are up on Craigslist.

The movers will be coming this afternoon, a day earlier than I'd originally planned. This morning will now be filled with grabbing books off of bookshelves and dismantling everything that can be dismantled. The bonus of having this happen early is that I'll have to pack my suitcases today so that I can put any remaining clothes that I want to keep into storage.

After today most of the work will be done. In the meantime, I'll keep reminding myself to breathe.

No comments: