Sunday, January 27, 2008

Saying goodbyes

Friday was my last day at work. On Thursday my unit took me out to lunch, then a group of colleagues joined me for drinks that evening. The last couple of days were quite busy with finishing up last minute items and trying to see everyone before I left but there are a lot of good people and I wanted to say goodbye to everyone.

Last night I had a goodbye dinner with a group of close friends, old and new. It was nice to get everyone together and make introductions - many had heard others' names but not met before.

Now I have five days left to finish packing the things I want to keep to give to friends or put in storage, posting items for sale on Craigslist, and generally getting ready for my departure.

That, and eating lots of my favorite New York foods. How many bagels can one woman eat in a week?

No comments: