Sunday, May 25, 2008

Wired - or Not

It feels odd to me.

In Beijing I had regular access to the internet, either at friends' homes or in cafes. Here I am in NY, and my access to the internet is irregular. Most friends have wireless but not all. One apartment where I'm staying has none. I'm sitting in the Union Square Whole Foods to write this.

Two weeks sounds like a lot of time but it's not. I'm enjoying my trip, though I won't be able to see everyone whom I'd like to see - or eat at all the new restaurants I'd like to check out. The wedding that I'm here to attend is this evening and I'll see lots of friends there. Over the next week I'll see a few more people. Still, there isn't enough time to see everyone.

In a week I'll be on my way back to Beijing, where I'll have regular internet access again.

No comments: